Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Da-da

Photobucket
Photobucket

Billy got back from deployment on Oct 7. David kept on pointing out random marines in their uniforms and saying "Dada" before we even saw him. I guess he remembered his dad in his cami's and so every man with that strange haircut and cami's was Dada. When he first saw his dad, though, he was very shy, holding his hands together with his head down. That shyness didn't last long and before long he was having a blast with his dad.

The first couple of days, he would call his dad "Mama" and Billy would respond with "I'm not Mama, I'm dada" over and over again. Well, today, while dada was at work, David came up to me and said "Dada." Sigh...how soon they shift their loyalties. It's actually great, though. It's fun to watch the two of them interact. David's favorite thing is to play cars with his dad. I think it's so funny how he will make such accurate car sounds like engine revving, sirens blaring, and cars crashing, etc but he can't pronounce words as accurately. He's such a boy!

5 comments:

The Lilly's said...

These pictures are worth a million bucks! I'm so excited for you guys. Keep us updated with the move and all.

Silvia said...

hahah I laughed out loud when you mentioned loyalty shifting from mama to dada. It's so true.
I'm so sad you moved far, but I'm happy that you get to be closer to Billy now that he's back! Please come visit us soon!

Marsha said...

Glad you are all together again!

The Waldron Family said...

How cute! I am glad Billy is home with you guys. Too bad David can't come ovre and teach Keeg boy noises...instead of being a princess!

Kym + Marco said...

So glad Billy is finally home! How fun to watch them reestablish their relationship.