Saturday, March 15, 2008

Hallelujah!

David finally started sleeping in his crib for longer than 3 hours! The first night he did it was one of the happiest and most anxiety-ridden nights of my life. I didn't sleep the whole five hours he was asleep and kept on going into his room to check and make sure he was breathing. I was still tired the next day, but happy. Now according to the experts (the pediatricians who are making bank writing books for anxiety-ridden mothers), five hours is sleeping through the night. So, technically, he slept through the night.
He's starting to laugh a little. Occassionally, when he's smiling, you'll hear a little laugh burst out of him, which will startle him, but it is so cute. It makes all the nights of sleep deprivation so worth it!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Yay, 5 hours straight is a huge milestone!! It was so fun to visit with you. David is totally adorable....what a handsome boy. I'm glad you found my blog so I could find yours!

Downs Family said...

Perfect timing...with you heading back to work and all. Can't wait to see you and see some more pictures of that handsome baby!

The Waldron Family said...

yeah David!! It is about time! I can't wait for you to come back to work! Perfect timing...right when you will be staying up all night!

Jer + Lu said...

I'm glad you found me! Especially since there's rarely time for a visit at work these days. What a handsome little tyke! He's so cute and so tiny! I love that you smother him with kisses-- they're so much fun and precious as can be :) Sad times spending his first Christmas in the hospital. Welcome to the world. Take care of that little man!

The Lilly's said...

What a good little boy! Sounds like David needs to have a talk with Alex about how being a good sleeper makes for a happy mommy!

Brett & Honnelore said...

Lolinda, I hope you don't mind but I wanted to check out you blog. Congratulations on your baby, he is darling. How is it being a mom? Are you shell-shocked? I am. Are you back to work? How is it? Keep in touch.