Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Here we go again

It's been a year since we've moved out to 29 Palms and with the year comes another deployment.  It seems strange how calm I am this time around.  Maybe I've gotten used to it and now I've got David, (read Trouble), to occupy my time.  Or perhaps it was the long hours that Billy put in at work which made it seem like he wasn't home much for that year anyway.  Either way, I don't feel as angry and resentful as I was with the previous deployments and I have to say that is a relief.  Poor Billy has had to deal with angry me for the last three years.

Remember in a previous post the positive spin I put on 29 Palms.  Well, after the hot, hot summer and the many miles driven to get to decent stores, I've decided I'm in the category of people who say, "I hate this place!"  I can't do positive attitude anymore about it.  I miss my stores.  I miss being able to drive 10 minutes anywhere and get what I needed.  I also hate being cooped up all summer long to keep out of the heat.  It's horrible!  Sorry, I had to let that out of my system.

Now on to David.  Poor little man.  He just doesn't understand why Dad won't come home from work.  He's still waiting.  When the doorbell rings, he thinks it's Daddy (not that Billy ever rings the doorbell, must be wishful thinking).  So far, the hardest thing about this deployment is watching him missing his dad.  They had such good times together when Billy was here.  They were always playing Thomas the Train.  I think for him, he's lost a play pal, because mom certainly doesn't take enough time to play trains with him.  There's only so much I can take (horrible, I know, but what do you do).

Well, that is that.  I'll probably, and that's a big probably, be updating this more frequently for Billy's sake.  I hope wherever he is, he will be able to get some computer time and get updated on Lyman life in Two-nine.  Oh, and to all family and friends, please come visit!  29 Palms is great in the winter ;).

3 comments:

Marsha said...

This post makes me sad. For you, for David, and for Billy.

I'm sorry you are stuck out in 29 Palms. :( What is the nearest airport again? Palm Springs? I'll check flights. Seriously.

The Lilly's said...

You are a STRONG woman, I don't know how you do it. Hang in there!

The Buckley's said...

That must be so hard to see David waiting for his daddy, that would seriously break my heart. I'm thinking of you all and I hope it gets a little easier as time goes by. I second Lana's comment...you are a very strong woman! Miss you!