Saturday, October 30, 2010

Potty Training in 3 Days

Potty power!  David sporting off his new underwear...no more diapers!  Hallelujah!

I was thinking David would not be potty trained until at least a year from now.  I wasn't fully training him, but was occasionally encouraging him to try it out.  He would, but only when he was naked, which was when he was getting into his bath.  One of the books I bought suggested having naked time and I would try it, but my little David would much rather scream and throw fits if I even suggested naked time.  "Diaper on, diaper on, diaper on!"  So, needless to say, that didn't work. 

The same book also suggested not pressuring him into it, so I was pretty lackadaisical about the whole process.  He didn't act like he was ready and was anxious about it, so I laid off of it.  I did buy books and DVDs to encourage him along (hence the "Potty power!").  I bought Thomas underwear for him, too and told him not to pee on James or Thomas.  He wore it and proceeded to pee on Thomas and James, his beloved trains.  So, the books, DVD, and everything else was just a waste of time.  I felt bad that my son seemed to be behind everyone on the potty training bit, but had also heard that boys were harder to train than girls.  Then one day, as I was scrolling through my friends' news feeds on Facebook, I saw my friend was starting to potty train her son, who is 10 months younger.  I asked her to let me know how it turned out.

A few days later, I was on Facebook again and noticed pictures of my friend's son already in underwear.  I thought, "Whoa, that was fast!"  I asked her what she had done to potty train him so fast and she told me about Lora Jensens' 3 day potty training method.  I tried it and it worked.  It was a miracle.  Three days devoted to him was all it needed.  David was pretty much potty trained on the second day.  We still have hard times at night, but he hasn't worn a diaper since the morning we started the method.

Oh, a side note on that.  Before I even found out about this method, I had gone to Costco and bought a whole box of diapers.  A few days later, I read the ebook, and found that we were supposed to throw away all the diapers.  Ouch!  Oh well, what do you do?  No worries, they didn't go to waste.  My sister's son has the same size, so he can have them...when they come visit.  Always a proviso with me, I know.  So, Liz, if you want some free diapers, I'm only a hop, skip and a jump away. 

4 comments:

Emily said...

Where did you get the book? I have been potty training FOREVER! If it really works I'd love to try it.

The Lilly's said...

I'm seriously jealous. I've been working with Alex for months, and he's repeatedly shown the ability, he's just lacking the desire. He too has frequently peed on his beloved James and Thomas. I'm gonna have to look up this method, I'm desperate!

Marsha said...

I hear that's a pretty big deal. ;) I'm impressed David got the hang of it so quickly. Congratulations!

The Lymans said...

Em-
The book is an ebook and you can get it on 3daypottytraining.com. Or google Lora Jensen. It worked great!