Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Blocking Telemarketers

I discovered my own way to block telemarketers.  Let David answer the phone.  Tonight, as we were watching TV, the phone rang.  David runs to the phone and yells, "I get it!" 
I noticed that the LA Times was on the caller ID and I tell him not to answer.  He looks a bit disappointed so I relent and tell him to answer. 
He picks it up and in his high, little boy's  voice says, "Hilo?"
Pause. 
"Who dis?" Giggle, giggle then huge grin. 
"Is dis my dad?  Hi, dad!"  Obviously a male on the other end.  David walks over to the entertainment center, gets out one of his video games. "Dad, I got Wii party, mumble mumble, some gibberish." 
On the phone, I hear a man's voice, probably asking to talk to his mom.  I'm laughing so hard as David tries to tell his "dad" that he wants him to come home and play Wii party with him.  I finally take pity on the LA Times caller and grab the phone.  On the other end is the dial tone.  Score!  David 1, Telemarketer 0 and I win.       

4 comments:

The Lilly's said...

That's awesome! You just may be on to something, I'll have to try it.

Emily said...

That is so funny! Good job David!

Marsha said...

I've never read the LA Times, but David was probably right in not falling for their sales pitch.

Laura said...

Perfect.