Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Doctor David

Photobucket
Every week, David and I go to the library for reading time.  One week, we checked out a Barney the Dinosaur book called, "What am I going to be" or something like that.   I know, right?!  Barney! (eyes rolling) Well, after I read the book to him, I asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up and he says, "A doctor!" 

He may have come to that conclusion because he had just had his wellness check-up or perhaps, it was the only occupation he's heard of and understood in the book.  It definitely isn't the fact that I'm a nurse and influenced him...not a bit ;).  But I digress.

Since David has decided on his career path, he's also picked up a hobby...that of fixing things around the house.  How he goes about this is taking his wooden hammer puzzle piece and going around pounding the walls, door knobs, chairs, tables, and whatever he can get his hands on.

Yesterday, we had a playdate with David's new "best fwiend," Emma.  I was talking to Emma's mom when David comes running to me and in a breathless voice says, "Mama, Emma fell in my bed and hurt 'is nose.  I a doctor and fix it with my hammer.  Now he all better!"  We were both alarmed at first, but when we asked Emma if she was okay, she responded, "YES!"  That's when we cracked up! 
Three, for me, may be the hardest age yet, but he sure can keep me laughing!

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Yay update!

I'm glad David found a way to combine his doctor aspirations with his love for hammers. Though this could lead to some interesting malpractice suits for him.