Monday, September 12, 2011

Limbo

Here's the situation. We drove into Albany on August 4. Stayed in a decent motel for a couple of days and finally moved into temporary lodging on the 6th, hoping to get word soon that we would be getting housing on base. All the info we got was that we would be able to get housing within six months and that we were number 3 on the list. Then they told us to stay in transition lodging for as long as we possibly could. Now a month later, we are still 3rd on the list and still within six months, but we should try to stay as long as possible in transition lodging. Seriously?!!! This is place is too tiny for the three of us! There's no place to escape to if I want some time to myself, no oven to cook in, and David really needs his toys. Who am I kidding, I need my stuff! Plus, we had a couple of cooler days and I've only packed summer clothes so we also need our fall clothing.

Basically, we've been in limbo for a little more than a month without any good news. So, we went apartment hunting to look for a place who would let us break our lease if needed and we found one. It's very small, but the view is breath-taking. It's 2 Br/2 bath with an oven and dishwasher (yea!). It also has a security system, which is a bonus! It's on the 3rd floor and the deck overlooks the Flint River or Lake (not sure which it is). I will have to post pictures as soon as I can. We should be able to move in Wednesday or Thursday. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Living in limbo sucks! How on earth have you survived this long? I'd be on the super duper extremely ungracious end of the meter. Congrats on finding a new place - yeah!!

Marsha said...

That's great news. I'm glad you found such an accommodating apartment place. Sounds lovely.