Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Simple Things

It's the simple things in life that can bring so much happiness.  Such things like crawling in between freshly laundered sheets, hearing your two-year-old son asking to go to bed, three nights of David waking up dry, and a week coming up in Southern California, on the beach!  Ahh...such bliss! 

To top that, David and I went on a shopping outing and he had not used OUR bathroom before we left.  I managed to convince him that we should go try out the public bathroom, which I knew was going to be a HUGE milestone in his potty training.  More for me than him.  We get into the surprisingly clean restroom, enter a small stall (the handicapped one was taken) and put down toilet liners.  I try to put him on with his pants still partially on, but it didn't work.  So, off came his pants and underwear and I sat him down on the liner facing the back (his favorite position when peeing). He did it!  I was ecstatic.  A small thing, but it gave me the biggest rush!  I did not realize how big of a burden this whole peeing in public thing was for me, but I felt free.  Now I know I can go places and he will be able to use public restrooms.  No more hurrying home and cutting errands short!  No more being holed up in the house and waiting for him to pee before leaving!  Such pure unadulterated joy!  On my part.

So, how appropriate that we leave tomorrow for the happiest place on earth.  Looking forward to some beach time, seeing old friends, and coming home with my mom and sis in tow! What a great week it is!  What a great two weeks it will be.   Pictures to come!   

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Glad you'll have your family with you. Have fun at the beach for those of us that are landlocked!

Laura said...

Ha ha ha. Yep, little things. I am dreading toilet training... and I hate public toilets.