Friday, March 11, 2011

Deployment Milestone

On the last deployment, I remember receiving an email saying that we should not be sending any more care packages to our loved ones.  I was so excited because it meant that Billy was getting closer to being home!  Well, this week we received word that we shouldn't be sending any more packages around April 15th.    Never has tax day looked so good!  A huge milestone in this deployment and one step closer to his homecoming!

Last Sunday, I watched the Lifetime show, Coming Home.  I have never cried so much in a one hour show!  Not in the "so depressing" tears, but in the "so happy for them" tears.  Maybe, a few tears were shed for being "just a bit envious."  I used to dream that those happy families would end up being us and that Billy could come home early and surprise us like that!

For those who don't have Lifetime and haven't heard of the show, it's mainly about service men or women returning home from Iraq or Afghanistan and surprising their loved ones.  So, very touching and such a tear jerker!  I was watching it with David and he was asking all sorts of questions, mainly why, but I explained to him that these Daddies were coming home from "Aganistan" and ready to play games with their sons, like his dad would be ready to play games with him.  He got so excited and I'm sure is looking forward to that day!  Can't wait!

4 comments:

Marsha said...

How exciting Lo! I just read a story about a dad coming home early and surprising his daughter in her class. He cried, she cried, the teacher/class cried...it's so predictable, but yes, I cried too.

Emily said...

I am so happy for you Loli! You are such a strong woman and you have kept such a positive attitude. I admire you and I hope and pray that Billy gets home safe and happy!

Laura said...

My sister-in-law said she went through an entire box of tissues watching that movie. :) I'm so happy for your and Billy's upcoming reunion!

Rachel said...

Hurray, the end is in sight!! I caught the tail end of that show and wow, it was emotional. I'm so glad to know that your reunion is coming soon!