Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Fifteen fantastic facts


Day 1--Picture of yourself with fifteen facts

1.  I'm thinking I won't last through this 30 days...let's see how far I get.
2.  So proud of the Japanese people...in the midst of the turmoil, they manage to maintain their dignity and humanity.  Check the story out here.
3.  I've gotten pretty good at tuning my son out...if only he didn't talk so much.  Then, I'd be great at meeting his needs sooner.  Does that make me a bad mom? : /
4.   Slowly, but surely figuring out the punctuation marks as faces, etc.  Took me a long while to figure out that <3 meant love or heart and not less than three...lol.  Thank you facebook friends who frequently use these!
5.  Goodness, I'm only on five?
6.  29 stumps, deuce niner,  and the armpit of the world are a few nicknames of this lovely or not-so-lovely  (depends on who you ask) town I live in. 
7.  Once upon a time, in the not so distant past, I had a strong thought in my head stating, "I will NEVER marry a marine!"  That's what I get for thinking, huh?
8.  Deployments suck!
9.  People warn you about the terrible twos, but you never hear anything about the thundering threes...why is that?  Threes are much worse!
10.  Threes might be worse than the twos, but David sure knows how to crack me up...out of the mouth of babes and all.
11.  I can't use the excuse, "He learned that from his dad."  I guess I'd better be careful what I say.
12.  I learned today that Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johannsen have moved on to other love interests (didn't even know they were dating, much less got married). 
13.  You can learn a lot in two hours waiting for a simple lube to be done on your car, mainly trashy Hollywood stories (see number 12).
14.  Looking at David's baby pictures makes me ache for another baby...I sure could use a nursery fix at this moment from LDS hospital, in the middle of the night, with 20 screaming babies and no other nurse or aide in sight!
15.  I've been blessed with such great friends in my life!  Sure would love to read all facts about you!

3 comments:

Marsha said...

I can't believe you didn't know about Ryan and Scarlett. Geesh, have you been living in the armpit of the world or something?! Oh wait...

I loved reading these and you look beautiful. :)

Laura said...

Ha ha... I didn't know they were married either, and even worse - I have no idea who Ryan Reynolds is.

Rachel said...

Actually I call it the horrible threes, which make way for the wretched fours. Five has been much more pleasant, except that now I have a terrible two as well. Can't win, I tell you.